List of Episcopal Boarding Schools
Below is a list of boarding schools that are Episcopal. Some put more emphasis on this fact than others. There are schools on this list that were founded by Episcopalians, but have a nondenominational stance. Do your own research, and tell us if we missed any boarding schools!
- Cheshire Academy – Grades 8-12, PG Cheshire Academy, located in beautiful Cheshire, Connecticut is the tenth US private school founded.
- Kent School – Grades 9-12 Kent School is a private, college preparatory school located in Kent, Connecticut that was founded in 1906 by Rev. Frederick Herbert Sill.
- South Kent School – Grades 9-12 South Kent School located in Connecticut is an all-boys preparatory school that features a curriculum focused on learning through tech and life experiences.
- St. Andrew’s School – Grades 9-12 St. Andrew’s School is a private, co-educational boarding school in Middleton, Delaware. The religion is Episcopal and the school was established in 1929.
- Saint Andrew’s School – Grades JK-12 Saint Andrew’s School is a private Episcopal school located in Boca Raton, Florida. The school was founded in 1961.
- St. Timothy’s School – Grades 9-12 St. Timothy’s School is a private, all girls Episcopal boarding high school, founded in 1832. St. Timothy’s is located in Stevenson, Maryland.
- Groton School – Grades 8-12 Groton School, located in Groton, Mass., was founded in 1884. It is a coeducational school for grades 8 through 12.
- St. Mark’s School – Grades 9-12 Located 23 miles from Boston, in suburban Southborough, is St. Mark’s School. Founded in 1865, St. Mark’s is a co-ed school.
- Shattuck-Saint Mary’s – Grades 9-12 Shattuck-Saint Mary’s, located in Faribault, Minnesota, is a co-ed private boarding school with affiliations to the Protestant Episcopal Church.
- Holderness School – Grades 9-12, PG Holderness School, located in Holderness, NH is a prep school for both boys and girls that currently holds classes for grades 9-12.
- St. Paul’s School – Grades 9-12 St. Paul’s School in Concord, New Hampshire, is a co-ed boarding school founded in 1865 under the Episcopal tradition.
- Trinity-Pawling School – Grades 7-12 Trinity-Pawling School is an all boys school located in Pawling, New York and was founded in 1907. It’s an independant boys school.
- Christ School – Grades 8-12 Christ School, located 7 miles south east of Asheville (their rival), North Carolina in a town called Arden, is an all boy school that offers grades 8-12.
- Saint Mary’s School – Grades 9-12 Saint Mary’s School is located in Raleigh, North Carolina. It was founded in 1842 as an Episcopal school. Saint Mary’s is a college-preparatory school for girls.
- Oregon Episcopal School – Grades K-12 The Oregon Episcopal School is located in Portland, Oregon and is a PK-12 college preparatory school. It serves 840 students.
- Church Farm School – Grades 7-12 Church Farm School is a private boys’ school for grades 7-12 located in rural Exton, PA. Episcopalian reverend Dr. Charles W. Shreiner founded the school in 1918.
- St. George’s School – Grades 9-12 St. George’s School is a private, coeducational, Episcopal boarding school located in Middleton, Rhode Island. It was founded in 1896.
- St. Andrew’s-Sewanee School – Grades 6-12 St. Andrew’s-Sewanee School, located in Sewanee, Tennessee, is a private, coeducational boarding and day college preparatory school.
- St. Stephen’s Episcopal School – Grades 6-12 St. Stephen’s Episcopal School in Austin, Texas, is a coed college preparatory school that serves grades 6-12.
- The Episcopal School of Texas – Grades 9-12 The Episcopal School of Texas (TMI), founded in 1893, is a co-educational college preparatory military school located in San Antonio, Texas.
- Blue Ridge School – Grades 9-12 The Blue Ridge School is an all-male school located at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains, about 20 miles from Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Christchurch School – Grades 9-12 Christchurch School is a private boarding school located in Christchurch, Virginia. This beautiful school was founded in 1921 as an all boys school.
- Episcopal High School – Grades 9-12 Episcopal High School, founded in 1839, is a co-ed college preparatory school located in Alexandria, Va.
- St. Margaret’s School – Grades 8-12 St. Margaret’s School is a private all-girls Episcopalian school located in Tappahannock, Virginia. It was founded in 1921 by the Episcopal Diocese of Virginia.
- Stuart Hall School – Grades PK-12 Stuart Hall School is a private co-ed day school that also offers boarding opportunities for its female students.
- Virginia Episcopal School – Grades 9-12 Virginia Episcopal School is a private boarding school located in Lynchburg, Virginia. The 160-acre campus is contiguous to the James River.
- Annie Wright School – Grades PK-12 Annie Wright Schools (AWS), located in Tacoma, Washington, consists of two separate private schools: the lower (coed) and upper (all-girls).