St. Andrews School was founded by Reverend William Merrick Chapin in 1893. It was established as a place for students who had nowhere else to go. It has seen many changes over the past 130 years. There are 18 academic and administrative buildings.
Today St. Andrews is a college preparatory school committed to providing an environment of success in academics, athletics and extracurricular activities for all its students. The school offers girls and boys educational opportunities from grade 3 through grade 12 as well as postgraduate opportunities. This provides an additional year of preparation before moving on to college.
An emphasis is placed on all students becoming experienced in athletics and art. These activities are considered important in the building of self-confidence and for providing a well-rounded education.