Students: 739 | Faculty: 87 | Grades: K-12 | Gender: Coed
Gilmour Academy, a coeducational Catholic school for students from preschool to grade 12, is located on 144 acres in Gates Mills, Ohio, a Cleveland suburb. The school was founded in 1946 by nine religious brothers from the Congregation of Holy Cross.
Gilmour Academy operates a Montessori preschool, an elementary program, a middle school program (seventh and eighth grades) and a high school (ninth to 12th grades). A boarding program is offered for seventh through 12th grades.
Eleven percent of the student body reside at Gilmour, with 12 states and five foreign countries represented.
Tuition for boarding is $40,200, and less than $30,000 for day students. In addition to participation in service, academic, special interest and spiritual organizations, Gilmour sponsors 23 interscholastic teams, 12 for boys and 11 for girls.
Boarding Schools in Ohio
Western Reserve Academy is located in Hudson, OH, about 30 miles south of Cleveland. Founded in 1826 by David Hudson, who also founded the city of Hudson, it is a co-ed academy whose focus is on the whole student by including course work in the arts and athletics. Originally, the academy was an academy and college. At the end of the 1800's the college broke off and moved to Cleveland where it is now known as Case Western Reserve University. Day ...
Building responsible Christian citizens since 1893, Mount Vernon Academy is a coed boarding school owned and operated by the Seventh Day Adventist Church. More than 7,000 people have attended this Mount Vernon, Ohio campus over the years. Teachers are highly educated, with many of them holding a Master's Degree. MVA has a strong academic curriculum of required and elective high school courses, and an Honors Diploma college prep Dual Credit Program. Work experience is a regular part of student life, and ...
The Marsh Foundation School is an alternative boarding school located in Van Wert, Ohio. It serves young people age 7 through 17 whose opportunities to lead productive lives have been diminished due to various personal and family circumstances. The school was founded by Mr. George H. Marsh and has a history dating back to 1922. Folklore has it that Mr. Marsh and his wife saw two impoverished children one winter evening while driving home and decided to establish a home ...