1. Contrary to what your friends and family back home think, your school is NOTHING like Hogwarts.
Photo credit: Warner Bos.
2. Slumber parties are a rare occurrence.
3. You’ve come to terms with your day-to-day reality
4. Although you continually fantasize about getting away for some real food
5. You’re still pissed you were lied to about the “cuisine” at the dining hall
6. And you waste most of your mental energy wondering what you’re REALLY eating
7. Or weeping over food you can’t have:
“there was this one time during my first year of boarding school where i was sitting at this table and this girl at the next table over was crying for literally about 20 minutes with this group of friends consoling her. turns out that she just really wanted a taco.”
8. You’re still trying to wrap your head around why people think boarding school students are promiscuous
9. Because you’re forever alone
10. Except, of course, when you’re in a communal bathroom
11. Which, by the way, has some very strict rules
12. You learn, upon entering, to lower your expectations significantly
13. People think you ended up at boarding school because you were rich
14. Or a troublemaker:
15. But most importantly, everyone thinks you’re glamorous just for being here:
16. Which we all know is ridiculous because mirrors are scarce for some strange reason
17. Yet somehow your teachers managed to magically look attractive everyday
18. Reading these myths makes you realize you fell victim to them before entering boarding school:
19. And you remember that you WANTED your parents to send you here:
i asked my parents to send me away to boarding school i literally cannot be with them any more help
– mary loves harry (@smiezarry) April 5, 2014
20. No matter how horrid, at the end of the day, this is what all your friends back home are thinking: