List of Military Boarding Schools
Parents and students looking for a disciplined environment for learning in a military-style will find this list handy.
Military schools have rich traditions and a successful graduate will have many doors opened. And rightfully so, completing a military-style education is a great achievement early in life.
Note: Military boarding schools are not boot camps, they are prestigious institutions of learning that push for academic excellence.
Try our therapeutic boarding schools list for behavioral issues.
- Lyman Ward Military Academy – Grades 6-12
Established in 1898, the Lyman Ward Military Academy is located on a 300-acre plot in Camp Hill, Alabama. This is an all-boy private military academy.
- St. Catherine’s Academy – Grades K-8
St. Catherine’s Academy is an all-boys catholic military school in Anaheim California. Military structure and leadership training are their goals.
- Florida Air Academy – Grades 6-12
Florida Air Academy is a private boarding school for students in grades 6-12. This academy is located in Melbourne, Florida.
- Riverside Military Academy – Grades 7-12
Riverside Military Academy was founded in 1907. It is private boarding school located in Gainesville, GA.
- Culver Academies – Grades 9-12
Culver, Indiana is the home of Culver Academies. Founded in 1894 by Henry Harrison Culver.
- St. John’s Military School – Grades 6-12
St. John’s Military School is located in Salina, KS. It is a boys military school founded 125 years ago.
- Chamberlain-Hunt Academy – Grades 7-12
Chamberlain-Hunt Academy is a private, Christian, all male military day and boarding school located in Port Gibson, Mississippi.
- Missouri Military Academy – Grades 6-12
Established in 1889, Missouri Military Academy is a highly accredited military school for boys ages 12 – 18, or from Middle School to High School.
- Wentworth Military Academy – Grades 7-12
Founded in 1880, Wentworth Military Academy is the oldest military academy West of the Mississippi river. Located in Lexington, Missouri.
- New York Military Academy – Grades 7-12
New York Military Academy is a co-ed college preparatory military school located in Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY.
- Oak Ridge Military Academy – Grades 6-12
Oak Ridge Military Academy is a college preparatory school serving young men and women grades 7-12.
- Carson Long Military Institute – Grades 6-12
Carson Long Military Institute, is the oldest school in the nation which still provides military training and experience within an academic setting.
- Valley Forge Military Academy – Grades 7-12
Valley Forge Military Academy is a private boarding school and co-ed preparatory college steeped in military tradition. Located in Wayne, PA.
- Camden Military Academy – Grades 7-12, PG
Camden Military Academy is a small, male only boarding school located in the rural city of Camden, SC. The school is the official state military academy.
- Marine Military Academy – Grades 8-12, PG
Marine Military Academy is a private college preparatory boarding school for boys in grades 8-12. Located in Harlingen, TX.
- The Episcopal School of Texas – Grades 9-12
The Episcopal School of Texas (TMI), founded in 1893, is a co-educational college preparatory military school located in San Antonio, Texas.
- Fishburne Military School – Grades 7-12, PG
Fishburne Military School located in Waynesboro, Virginia is one of the top military schools for boys in the nation.
- Fork Union Military Academy – Grades 6-12
Fork Union Military Academy is a private college prep military boarding school for boys in grades 6-12. It is a Christian school.
- Hargrave Military Academy – Grades 7-12
Hargrave Military Academy located in Chatham, Virginia is one of the premier military schools in the country.
- Massanutten Military Academy – Grades 7-12
Massanutten Military Academy is a coed military school in Woodstock, Virginia. It was established in 1899.
- Randolph-Macon Academy – Grades 6-12, PG
Randolph-Macon Academy is a co-ed day and boarding school located in Front Royal, Virginia. With a curriculum designed for students in grades 6-12.